Monday, November 2, 2009

...put this mask on please....

So today started off as a normal day of teaching, when about halfway through the day I had two kids tell me they weren't feeling well. One was flushed and complained about his head, the other couldn't stop coughing and said he was hot. So I checked for fevers...one was burning up! I sent him down to the office immediately and he did not return. In fact, in about 2 minutes someone from the office came up and asked for his schoolwork, backpack and coat. Did they quarantine him?? The office staff took action like the secret service trying to discreetly eliminate a problem. I ended up taking his work down to him myself to see what was going on. As I walked into the office, I noticed my student sitting on the bench...with a mask on! I asked the secretary what was going on and she told me he had a 101 fever and gave me "the look". Uh oh...not "the look"...that means that they suspect H1N1 (AAAAHHH!), but they can't say it out loud of course. That is like screaming fire in a crowded room. Great...now I need to go home and overdose on vitamins, zinc and vitamin C. Keep the swine away from me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment