Monday, September 7, 2009

You live where?

It is the night before my first day of student teaching and I am excited and nervous at the same time. I can't wait to meet my students! I decided that I didn't feel like cooking and neither did my room mates so we decided to order take out. After we finally decided on a place, we called and ordered our food. Once they took our order, they asked for our address. As I proceeded to give them our address, the man stops me in mid sentence and says to me, " Oh no. I have had two guys get held up over there because it is a very bad area and you are right in the pocket. We don't deliver there." (click--yes he hung up on me). Wow...so I guess he was basically saying, "We don't deliver to the hood." Hmm...if this is such a "nice" area, why can't we even have food delivered? This is a great way to start off the new school week...

No comments:

Post a Comment